Top Gear...

The Holden Monaro GTO Coupe thingy - i want one :D

Nearly as much as i want a Toyota Pickup :)

Reply to
Dan405

Agree on both those points!! That Holden was bloody brilliant - simple yet effective.

And that cruise - wasnt that the one that Mr Vamp went too? What a bunch of numpties!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Flexing & winging? Even the muppet spouting it didn't know what it was. Good thing I wasn't there when they asked what would you do to the C2 though.

Reply to
Depresion

Its suppose to be a good little car though in handling terms though (according to Evo anyway)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

winding

Reply to
Theo

Oh well that make perfect sense then! ;)

I got a pamphlet through the post yesterday from Skoda entitled "Translations"

"Driving a Fabia vRS may attract compliments in a language you might not be familiar with. Make sense of them with this easy to follow guide."

Word up homie [Wod up hômê]

- Hello

Dat's a phat motor man [Dasa fat mô/ór man]

- That's an impressive vehicle

It's almost enough to put me off if the car would encourage people to talk to me.

Reply to
Depresion

I believe the Monaro is an Omega variant and somebody mentioned you can drop any Chevy V8 engine in with the appropriate mounts from Holden. Buy a Chevy ZZ4 crate for a few thousand (or an LS1 if you want to be cheap), fit into an ex-cop Omega with a knackered engine and you are done!

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.

But the Monaro looked better, and has a 5.7 Corvette engine...

Reply to
Dan405

No, don't, Charlie say it, and it's like, "it would have to be dark blue with matching interior and . . ."

!
Reply to
DervMan

In article , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

If I'm thinking correctly, the Monaro model has been arround for Donkeys in Oz. Bit like the Cavalier here, and the Corvette/Camero in the states, a long serving GM model that the locals know, and has evolved over the years. ISTR older Monaros at one point did look like the Senator/Carlton/Omega body style (big saloon).

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Commodore, back them. Basically a Rekord with uprated suspension.

Holden made HB Vivas with straight sixes, too.

However, I'm into the new Monaro. If it handles like my Senator, I want one.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

The LS1 is the Corvette engine (well, one of them and the one fitted to the Monaro).

The Monaro is also being imported into the USA as the Pontiac GTO to replace the outgoing Camaro and Firebird:

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.

have to admit, I do like it. Why GM couldn't have introduced Holden as a full performance brand (especially if the Monaro is the flagship they plan to launch with) in the UK, instead of just badging it as yet another Vauxhall, I don't know.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

These are marketroids that think that the Cadillac Cimarron (a J-body - better known as the Cavalier here and there) was A Good Idea. Common sense evades them at every turn.

For example:

Opel - well established in the UK as a maker of sporting cars. So lets drop the name in favour of Vauxhall for all models, then.

Saabaru. The Saab 9-2 is a Subaru Impreza.

Diesel Oldsmobile and Cadillac. Enough said.

Despite owning Lotus, the handling of the first Corsa.

Not marketing the Opel Kadett GT/Coupe. Worse yet, not marketing it as a baby Manta with the Chevette front end.

Killing off the Monza. Why!?

Ceasing production of the FE Victor in favour of the Opel/Vauxhall Carlton, when the FE had just been developed to fuel injected, 5 speed greatness and a 0-60 of around 7 seconds...

And this is really just in the past 20 years or so...

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

not the monaro's, to'other one (GTS), is actually an omega with 5 doors, close as dammnit anyway.

Theo

yup they have my uncle had one a few years back, the 300 odd horses one, sold it coz it scared my aunt shitless when she drove it :)

Reply to
Vamp

Ah yes, that will be it. This is quite tidy too.

MeatballTurbo

Mmm, pizza in a box on the floor of student house from yesterday...

Carl knows what that will turn into no doubt by next week ;)

Reply to
Dan405

Lunch?

Reply to
Depresion

In the hands of experienced drivers, i think a 205 Gti 1.9 would beat a Mk1 MR2. Also, the driver of the 205 wouldn't have the problem of hiding his face cos he looked like a poof :)

Reply to
Dan405