GTO pricing

Folks,

My older daughter is interested in buying a new GTO (thank goodness she has come to her senses and is actually considering some Detroit iron instead of a rice burner).

Are dealers discounting these new machines like they do other vehicles in the line or are they commanding sticker price (or more)?

Reply to
Silver Surfer

In article , snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says... .>

Depends on your location. If you are in the midwest or parts of the east coast you should be able to get one in the $29,999-$31,000 range. Seems like the west coast and southern areas some dealers are still demanding MSRP or higher.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

the GTO in Tampa fl is going for about 40,000

Reply to
Nascar24Rulz

LOL! You are sadly misinformed. The new GTO is an import. It's from Australia. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Australia is not part of the rice bowl

Reply to
DA .

anytime a new model is introduce and it's a hot seller dealers usually won't offer discounts. when the H2 came out we couldn't keep one on the lot and the were bringing list and list +. wait till the novelty wears of and the prices will drop.

Reply to
DA .

It's also not "Detroit Iron"

I'd buy one though, if they sold them in Canada.

Jay S

Reply to
Jay S

Jay S wrote;

It's also not "Detroit Iron" I'd buy one though, if they sold them in Canada.

so I guess my GMC Sierra and Trans AM are not "Detroit Iron" cuz they were both made in Canada? they are not offering the GTO in Canada? the way I look at it, just because a honda is made in the US it doesn't become an American car

Reply to
DA .

The GTO isn't a hot seller. The Asstek is out selling the GTO. There are over 6,000 sitting on dealer lots right now. Every dealer I've been to has five or six.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

unless im mistaken, i thought the point he was getting at is the gto is based on an austrialian car? Vectra if im not mistaken, not where its actually built

Reply to
M.C. Tee

We've been over this a million times (really, I googled it!). The GTO is a Holden monaro. Holden is a GM owned company in Australia. The GTO is not being marketed in Canada.

Reply to
Joseph Roche

Don't get your panties in a wad. They were just pointing out that calling an Australian car "detroit iron" was a comical choice of words by the O.P. Surely you can understand that without getting all pissy.

Reply to
Joe

Sorry for creating such a ruckus. Perhaps I assumed too much as to the global origin of the GTO. I'm behind the times evidently. I was just feeling the euphoria of my daughter considering something other than a Toyota or the like.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

SS wrote;

Sorry for creating such a ruckus. Perhaps I assumed too much as to the global origin of the GTO. I'm behind the times evidently. I was just feeling the euphoria of my daughter considering something other than a Toyota or the like.

. . there's nothing that goes on here worth getting upset about....... but some sure do.

be sure and find a dealer that knows what's going on as far as rebates/incentives

Reply to
DA .