Top Gear last night...

Yup, it's a turbo.. very good engine, worryingly enough.

Reply to
Pete M

sorted :)

Reply to
dojj

Chopping a Goodwood would be sacrelidge IMHO, however the T16 is turbocharged ~200bhp, variable vane turbo with some sort of electronic overboost function. In the 405 it probably also had some sort of 4WD. I think it was reasonably advanced for the time.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

want my storm then?

Reply to
Theo

Do you know how much a T16 is? Not to mention how rare!! Obviously a T16 would be better, but in reality not very likely

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

You're not chopping it. You're putting in the engine it deserves!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

didn't the Mi16 make 200bhp after some tweakings?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yeah I believe Matt who used to be round these parts had his (in a BX 16v) to 200+bhp.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

4WD? In a Safrane?

*googles*

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Indeedy!

Trust me, you want one. Looks subtle but not /that/ subtle.

Not many in the UK though, all LHD y'see.

Reply to
Pete M

Yep. Just used the pause key when they took the bonnet off and it is running a straight carby with no other induction mods.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I'd prefer the South African one with the V8.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

that's what I thought as soon as I saw the show :) sounded really nice but it's too much hassle to live with ona daily basis :(

Reply to
dojj

i went out with the intention of chopping the cossie in for one to be honest, it was shit i'd heard so much about how quick they were and how well they handled, but it felt like a 10 second 0-60 car, the brakes were not that reassuring when it came to a few quick stops, and the price tag (it was marked up for 10 g's back in 93) was just so not worth it besides, he was only going to give me a pitance for the 3 door half the power, half the accelration, crap brakes and not as good as everyone made out handling just didn't do it for me

Reply to
dojj

but they need to have it as a 2.0 engine ;)

Reply to
dojj

Did they do an Australian Capri with a V8? Or was Peter Jackson just being clever with the foley work in Brain Dead?

(Deloreans don't have V8s either, but the producers of Back To The Future clearly hoped no-one would notice).

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

When did they mention in BTTF that the DeLorean had a V8? Maybe Doc Brown modded it?

Reply to
Halmyre

Listen to the engine sound of the car in the film.

Now go and listen to any old-world PRV V6.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

It hada mis-fire...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Nope. And brain dead was shot in New Zealand.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston