TOP GEAR new vs old

was quite interesting, knew the MK1 would lose due to the MK3 weighing in the same but with also 140bhp

the Pug 206 and 205 was a surprise though and i predicted the rest right hehe

was very very close on the Nissans

Reply to
Vamp

Erm, there is no fastest / slowest model. There is *only* slowest :)

The normally aspirated petrol GTi is 115bhp and takes over 10 seconds to hit 60mph. It would get wasted against anything other than a milk float.

Even the 1600cc Mk1 could crack 60 in less than 10 seconds...

Reply to
Lordy

Lordy made the world a better place for us by saying..

my shabby ol Mk2 GTi could hit 60 in allegedly 8.4 seconds.. and weighs approx 900kg, the Mk1 weighs about 775kg and has the same 112 bhp. the Mk3 weighs about 1200kg, the Mk4 about 1350kg and has 115 bhp

surely that means the Mk1 / 2 GTi would whooooooop a Mk4.

Reply to
Pete M

Yep ... can confirm after several months doing boy racer stuff that the mk1 and mk2 golfs are much more lively than the newer golfs. (Boy racer stuff = racing arouind in an axgt). Mk4 can be overtaken while its accelerating. Mk4 about the same haul ass ability as my 730i .... crap.

Reply to
FEo2 Welder

Yep ... can confirm after several months doing boy racer stuff that the mk1 and mk2 golfs are much more lively than the newer golfs. (Boy racer stuff = racing arouind in an axgt). Mk4 can be overtaken while its accelerating. Mk4 about the same haul ass ability as my 730i .... crap.

Reply to
FEo2 Welder

When I was filming Bug Jam at Santa Pod this summer, I noticed the MK1 and MK2 Golf GTi's totally slaughtering the later models.

Was anybody else there? The Karmann Ghia beating the Ferrari was great!

The Impreza WRX engined Golf Mk2 was quite quick but the Vauxhall VX220 turbo was the daddy! Or was that Ultimate Street Car? I dunno... If it was, the only car to beat it was an R33 Skyline which had been breathed on somewhat

Reply to
Fishman19

Missed it last night, so i'm watching the recording right now :)

They liked the 405 Mi16 for the classic wall!

Reply to
Dan405

Yea it was the GTi 180, to be fair, the 205 never stood a chance :)

Reply to
Dan405

Don't worry, so did Clarkson the week before.

The Beeb never told them it was moving Schedule either. So he reckons. Reckon we should kindap and ransom, Terry and Christan Scott Donkey, until he admits the truth.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Of course, silly me :)

I know, i almost had one in the Ovlov coming away from the Dartford Toll Booths on the M25 at the weekend. Next time Gadget, next time....

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Who wouldnt?!?! Cue Mr Kemp....

Reply to