what gets badge residue off?

Hi All,

I've just taken all the badges off my car. Most of the crud and glue underneath has come off with soap, water and a plastic scraper. The last bit just won't budge. I've tried petrol, lighter fuel, Mr Muscle oven cleaner and even alloy wheel cleaner. Nothing appears to move it.

any ideas?

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Tried heat? A hair drier should do it. It'll be harder to get off than usual now because it's bloody freezing.

Reply to
Doki

Reply to
FEo2 Welder

The cheek:-). Saab 900 Turbo 16 S actually. Has far too many overstated "Turbo" badges all over it though :-)

I'll give turps a try.

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Now thats what i would do .... buy a stinking fast car ... then debadge it, make the muppets think its a base model. Probably be an excellant thing to do on a bmw m5 .... rebadge as a 520d.

I rebadged my axgt as a 1.5d ... i'm thinking of doing my 730i as 718i (just for a laugh).

-- Regards..... Steve

Reply to
FEo2 Welder

Swy i left the 1.6L badge on the green 4 door salloon.Sierra (Nitrous V8 really for those that didnt know). Great fun at the lights when a "fast" chipped stickered turboed racy car turns up with smug git version 1.0 installed!

Reply to
Burgerman

Luverly jubberly ... ain't it easy to upset some people though who have just gone out and spent 25k on a car they think is fast. Had a sulky mercedes tailgator tonight for about 2 miles, so close i couldn't see his headlights. All because i let him pull away from the lights first ... then nuked past him in my tin foil racer.

25% insurance loading and worth every penny!!

Reply to
FEo2 Welder

Maplin do a label remover which works on most glues. N36AN. 2.49 quid

Reply to
Dave Plowman

We play that game with our taxi like 406.

No-one know what lurks beneath the bonnet.

A slightly small V6 3.0.

Can b fun at the traffic light grand prix.

Reply to
Mike Sherlock

Get ye a GRD badge (from a 405) Used to race the original 405grd with my c reg 1 litre micra. Them were the (slow) days.

Reply to
FEo2 Welder

WD-40 usually works well. Spray on, then leave to soak for a while. Autoglym intensive tar remover does the same, but for more expense.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

I once put a 2.8 badge off an old Granada on the back of a 1.1 Escort. Those were the days :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I used brake cleaner (as recommended by the bloke in the Audi dealer) to remove the remains of the self adhesive pads holding my rear number plate on.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan