urcm website ?

Has this been suggested in the past ?

A uk.rec.cars.modifications website ?

The usual format - space for a forum, a bit of space for saving images in a gallery ?

Any views from anyone ?

Flame away - persoanlly I prefer web based forums these days, and the fiew I use are very lightly moderated and work just fine.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Seems a bit pointless to have a forum for a newsgroup. OTOH it does help f*ck trolls off.

Reply to
Doki

Makes it a bit easier for pics etc. as said above.

Not particularly fussed to be honest, just seemed like a reasonable idea. It has certainly happened in other groups in the past.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Ok, since you asked : WTF is the point of a web forum for a newsgroup? Ans: there isn't. Web forum on its own - fair enough - but having one as an addendum to a newsgroup is, erm, a bit stupid.

For the images in a gallery thing - I think there's already something isn't there? Or just post links to existing photo sites, eg flickr.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Why a forum if you've got a newsgroup? I mean, what's the point?

A site/page with FAQs and probably a gallery may make sense, though.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

I do apologise.

I appear to have misunderstood the dynamic of the group....

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Surely you knew most of them would moan? I mean come on, what do you expect them to do on a sunday? Go outside? :-P

Reply to
Iridium

Nah it's a grand idea.

Reply to
DervMan

Well a forum means it could be moderated, whereas Usenet is simply not moderated full stop. :o)

We have a picture gallery kicking about... Ron?

Reply to
DervMan

there's the gallery here

not sure if it's still maintained - RONNY????

Reply to
Tim S Kemp