VW beetles?

Did you see the episode of Scrappy Races they won ? They were unbelievably professional about the whole thing, welded a SAAB engine/trans into the back of an Uno. Even had time to do a decent spray job on it :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

I had to go out. I saw them looking for cars, and saw them pick the uno, and when I got home, I found out, on here, they had stuck a Saab turbo engine and trans in. I was gutted. Was it scrappy races, scrapheap challenge, or Panic Mechanics?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

You can't teach kids today can you? If you can't hook it up to laptop, you can't tune it, end of. What do you mean open the bonnet? I might get me burberry dirty.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

They actually appear much cooler than i expected :D

Reply to
DanTXD

People often have that kind of responce when passed by a 2 litre moggy, or V8 Reliant that looks like a slightly odd plastic pig. 0-100 in 10 seconds in a flying bucket. Yes Please.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I'm pretty sure it was Scrappy Races, the one with the Simmonite sister on.

They ended up with a n/a saab on carbs for ease/availability IIRC.

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

lol bloody ozzy's :)

Reply to
Vamp

Chips are shit anyway. If you want real power you need to get an aftermarket computer. Not some ROM chip that isn't setup for your car.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I used Chip as a generic, from Superchips, to Unichip/Emanage addon/piggybacks, to Motec/Autronic/Megasquirt standalone full replacements.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Fair enough. I'm running a unichip on the rex. I just hate the replacement rom chips that change fueling/mapping/limiters without any idea of what has been done on the car.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Yeah, I know. Superchips have a chip for the GT4. It just removes the fuel cut, without adding any additional fuel maps for the additional boost you will be able to run, without fuel cut.

Great idea in my opinion.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Ha Ha Ha French Lemon.