VW beetles?

The Trekker is the 182 and RHD.

Reply to
Depresion

Yes and technically my 181 is a Kubel as Thing was used for the LHD civilian model and I have an ex military one ('69).

Reply to
Depresion

Always fancied one of them, after watching too many war films as a kid.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

The front is squarer than a Kubel, and there are many other differences. I nearly bought a 182 a while back in Henley on Thames!

Got a toy Kubel, though. Somehow it avoided the VW toy cull.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

morris minors are for old biddys and have no cool factor, a saab 96! damn i really am paying the penalty for speeding! :)

Reply to
Vamp

serious? but i thought it didn't work?

Reply to
Vamp

them mods and the insurance with such mods with god knows how many points and possibly a ban you're kiddin'! lol

Reply to
Vamp

Nasty.

Although saying that I was watching the 'Pimp My Ride' marathon at the weekend and they did up a Baha Bug (or something like that) - think Beetle with jacked up suspension, bigger tyres, exposed engine at the rear and a few bits of bodywork chopped off t turn it into an 'off-roader'. Looked wicked, even I started wanting one of the damn thing!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

This is the thing I mean. A Baja Bug:

it was put on ebay. There's gratitude for ya!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

she was an ex druggy, probably couldn't kick the habbit. although they looked a bit easy to roll when xzibit was through it around some dirt hehe

Reply to
Vamp

There's a blue one locally that's quite cool, was in an early copy of Retro with a ford engine.

Reply to
Depresion

Named after the Baja desert in California basically a cheaper alternative to the Meyers Manx but still quite capable of racing over sand dunes at silly speeds.

Reply to
Depresion

Classic car cover shouldn't be too bad even with the mods, I've had a lot of work done to my KG and the only thing they questioned was lowering the front with a narrowed beam. I'm still running a stock 1600 at the moment in one and a

1600 with twin Webbers in another but they seemed quite receptive to the possibility of the 1776cc option as it's very popular in the aircooled groups. (I quite fancy fitting a stroker crank to my 181 but that would require grinding in the block.)
Reply to
Depresion

You tell that to the Beardmore brothers, or Nick Mann. Minors have always been cool, just not standard.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Then join the NHRA (think thats them). They do very special cover for members driving Hotrods (and these days a fully built old beetle counts as a hotrod). And they a have a no limit mods policy, I think they even allow NOS. And they are supposed to be bonkers cheap too. And I really do mean peanuts, even for daily drivers.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yep Baja bug. A mate of mine had one. The thing had 31 inch tyres on the back. It went off road as good as my Landcruiser I had at the time. Noisy as hell though and a pig of a gearbox on it. He was a spraypainter and painted it white with a purple pearl over the top one night while drunk.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Won't be an option for Vamp as he's a: about 12, and b: won't have a main car.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Yup, but it didn't stand up well to standing behind a bush in my front garden for about 3 months while I was in Budapest. I'm going to replace the front shocks this weekend, should be fine after that.

Long way to drive to essex in though!

Reply to
fishman

The 'Beardmore' brothers. Good lord their name just tells you how ridiculously uncool they are :)

Reply to
DanTXD

I just hope, one day, I'm half as "uncool" as them.

Sleeker GT Phwoar