W124s. Again.

Is there some sort of fan club? Have one of the car magazines said something about it being a future classic? People on the Merc Club forums seem to think they're worth a mint. I can understand the E500s being worth a few bob, but cooking estates with BFO engines that nobody wants?

Reply to
Doki

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Doki, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

Anyone who's got a decent W124 ain't going to sell it cheap because good ones are irreplacable.

Especially a 320-24 or similar.

Although, I do know a chap who's got a 300-24 Coupé who could be tempted, needs a bit of paint because the scrotes have scratched it in the street.

Hmm. I might buy that myself. I wonder if he'd do a swap for the Scorpio....

Reply to
Pete M

It all feels a bit Saab 900 a couple of years ago ish to me. They seem to think that the price for a good one is around 3 to 4K, which is piss taking money no matter how good they are for their time. They're still not galvanised, and they seem to have a lot of PITA things to break.

Reply to
Doki

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Doki, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

The Saab's a nice car but the Merc is a different league.

W124s are something else - if you get a good one...

Reply to
Pete M

I thought the W124 was hot-dip galvanised.

Reply to
SteveH