Warning Kinnor Services filterpower.co.uk poor service

Just a warning if anyone is thinking of buying a K&N Air filter from UK company Kinnor Services or their filterpower.co.uk website.

I ordered a K&N filter from them at beginning of March, the price was higher than I saw at other sites, but i had used this company a few years ago with no problems, so I paid the extra expecting them to be reliable. The air filter arrived a few days later and did not fit as the rim of the filter is thicker than the original paper air filter, so would need the airbox removed and dis-assembled to fit, which required throttle cables to be moved, MAF sensor disconnected and coolant hoses unclipped - clearly not a direct replacement as it was described.

I emailed them twice and had no response so I posted the filter back by recorded delivery with a letter asking them to refund and phone me if any probs, and heard nothing, after a week I started phoning to check whether they planned to refund, and I phoned 8 times, twice I was told they had already done the refund (which my credit card company confirmed they had not), 6 times I got an answering machine, I left several messages and never heard anything.

It seems like this is just someone trading from a private home, and the level of service is appalling, to ignore repeated emails letter and phone messages is just pathetic.

My credit card company confirmed the refund was finally made after more than 2 weeks of chasing, when I contacted them to organise a chargeback to get my money back but I still never had any contact from this company to confirm the refund was made, so it was all very ungratious.

There are lots of places to buy K&N air filters online, so I suggest you use one of the other suppliers.

James.

Reply to
jamesb72