Reply to
SteveH

A Preston / Wigan reg plate an all.

Reply to
Pete M

It's like Deja Vu all over again.

Reply to
Steve Firth

A very nice example of a decent sensible (and fast) bike. Shame you like crappy Alfa cars.

Reply to
Rob

Eww. Not my thing at all. Do you use mickey mouse ears on your helmet?

Reply to
DervMan

You are getting quite a collection of pikey vehicles round at your place now, the only non-pikey one isn't yours. (c;

Can't believe how shiny the bike is though. Looks like a bit of a find. Well done.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

When you crash it, can I have the carburretors?

Reply to
Conor

Besides the square headlight that really dates it I love it.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Switchgear looks a bit odd. What's the deal there? Indicators like a BMW????

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

It's wop, or at least not Japanese, that's why it looks funny. (c:

It doesn't look anything like the Fisher Price left and right buttons for the indicators on the BMWs I've seen, like this one:

Douglas Payne

Nah, it's bog standard gear for a bike.

Lower orange buttons on left and right are horn and starter respectively.

Upper on left is headlamp flash.

Big orange switch on right is the kill-switch, which is an off-on-off configuration (3 positions with 2 for 'off', either side of 'on')

Choke is odd, as it's the rotating collar around the left bar!

Indicators are standard on the left bar, with left, right and push to cancel.

I believe the left bar switchgear comes from the Honda XBR500.

Reply to
SteveH

That's all part of the retro late 80s / early 90s appeal.

Reply to
SteveH

Same as the choke on my old boy's VFR IIRC.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Makes sense if they used the same switches as 90s era Hondas.

Still, at least I know the switchgear won't break, even if everything else does ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Shame about the backdrop of dull, dull Barratt houses.

Reply to
fishman

There could potentially be a demand for popcorn developing very soon. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Same deal as my blackbird then. Wierd. The colours make it look really strange.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston