What goes wrong in a Golf TDI 1.9 ?

the E220CDi isn't actually that bad. Not quick, but they're ok with the auto box. I'd avoid the manual ones big time.

Reply to
Pete M

Manual + Merc = Impossible to sell and stupid depreciation, oh and four pedals in the footwell, not good.

E220 chips to 170bhp which makes it similar to the 270 in output. Uses less fuel which is good, and the engines tend to be quieter than the not-quite-balanced 270.

Driven a few of them.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Very girly though aren't they the MGFs, not withstanding reliability problems mentioned elsewhere.

I'd second the MX5 though, I had a 1.8 Sport on hire last year for a day and it was shockingly good. You do need to be more on the 'trim' side though as they are quite 'snug'.

Reply to
Jon B

Tell the spongers to buy their own car, and I don't have a bike.

Reply to
Jon B

Clearly you don't, else you'd not work for somebody that seemingly insists you get to drive about in the motoring equivalent of a builders butt crack with wheels.

Don't judge the handling and ride abilities of all cars from your vast experience of machines. And certainly don't judge diesel saloons from your own, because it isn't class leading in the drive department (and you know I can't remember when a Passat was ever class leading in the drive respect either).

Why is it that you turn into uberbitch whenever an argument or point you put across is slapped down?

Reply to
DervMan

Pathetic really isn't it?

Reply to
DervMan

Na, it was quite funny :-) Far better than ages of arguments about soft touch biscuit holders or whatever they have.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Honey on toast is lovely. And it's much better than any generation Passat.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Ahem... and I quote:

Hardly a paragon of virtue by comparison going by the above, are you...

Reply to
jackhackettuk

In your's and Steve's relationship, I bet you're the taker ;-)

Reply to
Iridium

All quite true but some idiots insist on the stick and were not pleased when annonced that the AMG-version was only available with auto-box.

One of them idiots even walked out when to the question of topspeed the sales person replied: "You are not allowed to drive that fast."

Mind you: the next monday the director of the agency was at our office, proposing a week (free of charge) testing of the said V8-powered version. Sadly the window of opportunity had closed as another make was bought 2 days earlier. :-)

Don't like autoboxes, don't know why. I however like mosts cars who pull away from standstill in fifth ;-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

I didn't like autoboxes, but now I've had three - two of them being Mercedes. They really are good enough not to want a manual.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

LOL.

Reply to
DervMan

Honey in lemsip. Man, I think I'm addicted to that stuff. I haven't had a cold for months, but it's costing me a fortune.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Moroccan Lamb, a little Ras al Hanout, some dried apricots, a little water and some honey for sweetness.

Fiery but so very tasty.

Reply to
Elder

Christ. No, haven't the foggiest. The superchips website has loads of rolling road plots, although I'm pretty sure it wasn't from there.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

All that Paracetemol isn't gonna do you any good.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

As I recall it was the 2.2 from the Accord Type-R.

The DOHC VTEC engines have a twin torque peak plot. Just when you think it's all over... it starts up again.

The SOHC VTEC donks don't have quite the same twin peaks effect, as I recall the smaller Accord 1.85 donk has a near-peak somewhere just under 4,000 rpm. The quoted peak was at 4,800 rpm.

Reply to
DervMan

Riiiiight.

So you don't see the hypocrisy in what Dervman said above then?

Maybe you're his and Tim Kemps chicken, eh. ;-)

Reply to
jackhackettuk

They take advantage of my weakened state. And I'm not even going into what he wants me to do with the diesel pump...

Reply to
Iridium