In the inside of my car is disgusting.

Since I bought it at easter, I've only done about 4k miles. And most of them have been one offs of 60-100 miles each way or longer.

So while it gets washed on the outside and windows get done inside and out, and gets it's lights, tyres, oil, coolant, washers and wipers checked regularly, I haven't paid the inside much attention.

I always give the car a decent doing over new year, but this year, with it being wet and horrible, and not having to rush back to work today, I decided rather than risk electroction because I don't have an RCD, I do it bit by bit.

Since I stopped smoking there hasn't been a bad smell in the car, and no yellow film on the windows so I didn't notice how dirty it was.

Haven't bothered since I bought it in Easter, but today, a jug of warm water and some liquid soap in, scrubbed all the vinyl and plastic surfaces. Took about 4 litres of water and it was filthy. Did the door shuts while I was at it. Still need to do something about the seats, but they will get a scrub with "dry" upholstery cleaner once I've hoovered the car out properly and clean the carpets at the same time.

Then it is wash and polish and wax time. Can't believe I've done less than 4k miles since easter considering I did 1k ish in November and was working from March to June in Manchester and doing about 200 a week then.

Reply to
Elder

i've never properly cleaned the inside of any car i've owned and my BMW aint bad considering i eat in the car almost every lunch time at work. never leave rubbish in the car and having had 2 MR2's i tend to find i've broke out the old habit i had when i had the cavalier of lobbing rubbish in the back. can't stand a dirty car and i hate rattles so carry f*ck all about in it too part from a compressor pump for the tyres a spare cd and the service books ect.

i REALLY want to get something to keep the leather nice mind. got a dirty mark on a door card which i prey will come off not sure what it is/was.

still as soon as i can sneak it in the valet bay at work i'm sure the boys will gimmie a quick hand if i'm lucky!

aint polished a motor since the MR2 Turbo, washed the BMW yesterday though that would look lush with a bit of polish and wax! paint is in well good condition for its age. mind you i think BMW's paint last better than jap stuff :)

Reply to
Vamp

My car got a good wash and proper wax with some Autoglym wax about a month ago, apart from cleaning the plates, lights and windows, that's all it will get until Easter. 70 motorway miles a day in winter just turn it filthy instantly and I can't be arsed trying to keep it clean. Inside is spotless always though :-) Can't stand it shit up inside.

Mike P

Reply to
Filthy Sod

Don't tell me, you just wind the window down now. :D

Reply to
JohnR

Normally it is exterior wash 1 month, interior the other. Wax every 3 months, and polish and wax every 6. I sometimes even peanut butter the trim to remove excess wax and stop fading.

The Saabs loved Autoglym resin polish. The Celica and the Octavia have come up better with Megs. Although I have dallied with Mer in the wash water between proper waxes to help it out.

Seems to work.

Reply to
Elder

I've started doing that worse with the Octavia, especially when it has been all long runs, and I hate stuff flopping about in the passenger footwell, so I chuck it in the back and forget about it later.

Mustn't leave part finished Sushi in there.

Reply to
Elder

I have a 2.5 year old and we have been going to the beach a lot. The inside of my car looks like a tropical holiday resort.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

LOL. Have you found the icecream wrappers that were "hidden" by a child during the journey?

Reply to
Elder

Liquid Leather is good.

Reply to
Doki

Nope. Put a food ban on my kid in the car. Yet somehow there is sultanas everywhere.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

When I lived out in Brazil, we had a shitty old beetle that we used just for going to the beach. Vinyl interior and rubber floor. Didn't matter how much it got shit up :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Filthy Sod