What would that be?

Over 800 bhp, rear wheel drive... and it still understeers off the track into a tyre wall.

Reply to
DervMan

I dunno, the Konniggsegg (?sp?) though clearly lost the back end, like they pointed out, due to a lack of downforce...

Reply to
DanTXD

Expensive...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

And that, children, is why real men hate Diesel cars.

Oh no, sorry, wrong subjective irrational rant topic, are you taking a swipe at RWD?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yes. It oversteered, but once corrected, _understeered_ off.

Check the replays. It's ploughing straight on with the wheels pointed right...

Reply to
DervMan

You bet. But back with a wing at some point.

Reply to
DervMan

Yes the koenigsegg's back end stepped out and the Stig had to steer into it.

Reply to
Depresion

Got to love a car company like that, gets a review from top gear who say that needs changing and they change it.

Reply to
Depresion

Nah I *love* RWD. And diesel too. Oh if only there were some RWD diesels I liked and weren't littering the office car park... :)

I was making a swipe at the assumption that RWDs never understeer because the Laws of Physics dictate it. Same Laws that dictate FWDs never oversteer.

Reply to
DervMan

Certainly do.

But you know, on the other hand... >800 bhp. Rear wheel drive. No wing. Go figure?

And it whined like two sulking teenagers inside... above Jezza shouting, "POWER" of course. ;)

Reply to
DervMan

Interesting - previous interviews with the owner of Koeniggsegg have featured quotes from him saying that the shape is designed such that it doesn't need spoilers for additional downforce. But yep, great, that they'll take it back and try again...

Nick

Reply to
NickD

Perfect. That's the kind of customer services TVR should have given owners...

Reply to
DervMan

It's easy to get a RWD to understeer and a FWD to oversteer. Anyone who says otherwise should be working as burgerman.

Reply to
Depresion

Indeed. Most enthusiastic drivers have experienced oversteer regardless of what end of their ride is driven...

Reply to
DervMan

I never said you couldnt make it do it or that fwd cant understeer. I said that they dont naturally want to do it. You must learn to read and understand. Aerodynamics, tyres, extreme circumstances can all make it happen. I can do it at will in any rear drive car on purpose, but its not a natural trait. And sooner or later it turns into oversteer once all the forces balance, unless you do something like oil the front tyres, weld up the front suspension, let a ton of air out the front etc.

Reply to
Burgerman

A highly tuned Skyline ;)

But, the CCX was a bit pants. I was watching it, and saying "That's a bit pants, I don't like the way that looks like it handles", and verily, it was indeed pants.

Like the Espace though. I want a proper one.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Yeah, I think re-engineering the whole damn car and electrics and making it properly is a little harder to deliver than fitting a rear wing ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

It has a flat underbody and venturi tunnels to aid downforce and vortex generators along the roof line, but I guess every little helps when being thrashed like that as it only managed 1.3g laterally.

Reply to
Depresion

Precisely. Although sympathetic to the loss, if I were able to buy one, every time something didn't work I'd lose a few months of my life in frustration.

Reply to
DervMan

Only? How disappointing.

Reply to