What would that be?

Goes some way to prove right the 200SX bloke who insists that the Veyron engine is a load of s**te. 800 horses out of a relatively simple V8, without

35 radiators.
Reply to
Doki

Burgerman is right though. RWD is just nicer to drive - even my Volvo 340, which was famed for being s**te to drive when new, was really satisfying to drive round corners compared to anything FWD I've driven. There's nothing like being able to steer the car on the throttle (and no, I'm not talking about getting it sideways).

Reply to
Doki

I guess the proof in that might be driving it hard up a mountain pass then getting stuck in heavy traffic and being unable to overtake.

Reply to
DervMan

Nobody has tried to deny this.

What we were saying is that FWDs are not as appalling to drive as has been suggested. And FWDs do oversteer. And RWDs do understeer.

Reply to
DervMan

How does crashing make an engine s**te?

Reply to
Burgerman

I didn't say the engine's s**te. I'm saying that the car (the Koenigsegg (spelling?)), shows that the Veyron is over complicated.

Reply to
Doki

You say that as if supercharger whine is a bad thing.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I was driving a GTS-t Skyline today. I forgot how much fun rwd was.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Nope, but making such a powerful engine out of a V8 with two superchargers, rather than 16 (or whatever) cylinders, 4 superchargers and 3 squizillion radiators(some just keepign other radiators cool) makes the 4 turbos look silly.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Yes I've parked my normal daily driver up in favour of "borrowing" my fathers Cooper S while he is away. (That will teach him for letting my have a key to his house) As my G40 is off the road I' forgotten how much I love the noise they make at 6k+ down a windy lane with massive rooster tails out the back from the rain.

Reply to
Depresion

Don't think it did understeer at all.

Firstly it oversteered at full throttle in excess of 130-140mph. He was already on the limit at this point - no margin for error. When he lifted to correct the car, it changed attitude and was always going into the grass at that point.

He had two choices - more steering and go in backwards, because the already 'on the limit' rear tyres would have let go completely at that point. Or - admit defeat and point it at the grass to at least get some view of what's going to happen (before the spin starts).

All of the above happened in well under 1.5 seconds at 130 - 140 mph. I think he did well actually. He was, after all, on a hot lap. A very very hot lap.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Check the replay just before going off.

Car ploughing straight on with right hand lock on...

Reply to
DervMan

not as hot as his brown pants was i bet hehe

Reply to
Vamp

Looks like it oversteered one way, he turned into it and it snapped back the other way which he steered right into but by then he didn't have enough road left.

Reply to
Homer

Maybe. Perhaps we should ask Top Gear?

Reply to
DervMan

but isn't that why you bought a hinda :)

Reply to
dojj