With the shortage of Preludes VTEC 5spds...

BTW, Aircon and cruise?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

green?

Reply to
Johnny

Yep, very dark, looks almost blue from certain angles.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, "Johnny" slurred :

Well, greeny-turquoise kind of thing.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

maybe an E36 BMW?

the Mrs has an E30 and my experience of the marque has been nothing but good.

circumstances

Reply to
Richard Mason

Utter s**te, IME. BMW lost their way with that one.

E30s are good. Along with the E34, the last of the real BMWs.

BTW: You might want to try posting your replies in the correct place in future.

Reply to
SteveH

Got mine done recent-ish. Either way I wouldn't fancy ever attempting to do mine myself as timing on 5-cylinder engines is very tricky to get exactly right and it's pretty much essential to get it properly timed up with computer-based timing equipment.

Don't know what V6 cambelts are like to do, probably a fair bit trickier than a normal 4-pot, but all you'd need to do is have the special tool for locking in to TDC, make sure you replace all tensioners and make sure everything's done to the proper torque wrench settings. The only thing that's always put me off doing my own cambelt changes is getting the tension exactly right (more critical with some engine designs than others), but nothing else (apart from timing it up by computer) should be that difficult.

I've got a few bits coming up on the Audi, including oil + filter, fuel filter (long overdue - aaagh), track rod end, tracking (been recommended a very good local place to get the tracking done), a rubber brake hose (n/s/f caliper) that's got the beginnings of a small crack in it, rear brake pads (running a little low, rather sooner than later), investigate a PAS leak that's going on (hopefully just a slightly perished hose or slightly loose clip), and change the coolant and brake fluid, so really do need to get under the bonnet of the thing soon (oil's now been in there 8500 miles without a change).

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

ITYMSL "Please don't top post, there's a good chap" you rude old bastard. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne