De-Lurk

Thought it was bout time I de-lurked....

My Names Mason and at 21 i've not got the amount of driving experience that most of you seem to have....allthough i may surprise you.

I currently own a 99t saxo VTS (runabout) a 1990 G plate R5 GT turbo raider (weekend/event use)

also in the family are a 95m Fiesta Si (1.6 16v) she's for sale, a 1988 BMW

320i (my parteners)

most of the cars have been modified in some way....but not in the typical "barryesque" way i'm sure your expecting. The R5 and Saxo are mainly perfomance related mods (the R5 totally so apart from aftermarket 15's) the BMW does booast a few cosmetic mods that may not be to your tastes but regardless we like to think the car hasnt been "ruined" in any way.

anyway thats is for my swft de-lurk.

/me awaits french car slating.

Mason

Reply to
Richard Mason

Hi

Good choice, regardless of what the old people are about to say ;)

Excellent choice :D

Selling the Ford, good move...

Give it time, just spoke to Tim on MSN, he's in a meeting :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Cheers for the welcome.....theres no avoiding people who dont like french cars but it's a fun runabout and for my age...quick.

The R5 is fun and most of the reliability problems are gone thanks to the masses of group a parts on her ;)

The ford was a reliable little run about but it's time for a new toy. my next project may be a ford....but only if it's followed by the word "cosworth" I have to get it out my system i'm afraid :o(

Reply to
Richard Mason

hehehe cheers,

the bimma is quite tastefully done :o) 17's lowered 35mm remapped ECU (awaiting throttle bodies) green induction kit, m-spec leather interior.

the paint is a rage chromaflar flip paint and you lot proably wont like it :o)

Reply to
Richard Mason

In one sentance you say tastefull then you say chromaflair flip paint, also

17's ?? now if you said 20's we might be getting somewhere

Hi btw

Ronny

Reply to
ronny
[SNIP]

pearlescence,

in no light/little light it sits a navy blue/purple colour.

in th sun, dependant on the angle of the bodywork/angle of viewing theres purple,blue,red and a fantastic bronze colour. I love the paint it's really effective and turns heads. complements the lines beautifully. the bodywork is standard barring the smoothed out locks and a slight front splitter to lower the profile of the bumper slightly.

Reply to
Mason

tastefull as in no jap bodykits/stupid big wheels/jap exhausts etc etc

I hope the 20's comment was sarcasm...why kill the performance/handlng when thats what she's after with this car?

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Heh. That's what most people with tasteless mods say :-)

Oh, and a big heart uk.r.c.mods welcome in the cold dark land of lurking.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Is that one of those colours that changes depending on the angle you look at it? What colours are involved? I do quite like colours like that.

Even saw a Saxo (spit) today that was very untastefully modified, on my round somewhere in Wargrave (Berks) but did think to myself that the paint job was actually pretty good. A purple colour, with a hint of pearlescence, though I can't really remember.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

See link in sig, get your arse over to the forum :)

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)

Reply to
Chet

Welcome. Good choice on cars there for a wee nipper :) Sounds like you're going the right way about modifying them too!

But try not to have too many French cars. Theres currently 5 Pugs in our house, which is a bit wrong i reckon. Although went for a ride in our open top British car today, and I have to say I found myself enjoying it, even though i thought i wouldnt. Think it my be time to start saving for a TR6 or a Stag :D

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

IMO TR6 > Stag :o) both excellent cars though. I'd like to think i have ok taste...for a nipper of course ;) I personally have no problems with french cars as long as you have realistic expectations of them, i'd still have a

205 GTi if i could find a 1.9 in decent nick.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

"[snip]

done :)

Reply to
Mason

I'd love one too (havent got anything agaisbt French cars really, they just annoy me sometimes, like when the 205 didnt start this morning and i had to come home early to fix it!), but i'm currently loving the joy of RWD too much :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Dont worry theres a RWD drive car on the drive too ;o)

Reply to
Mason

All french cars are crap.

(happy now?)