Wooo!

I've just discovered that you can get GRP or kevlar front wings, bonnets and boot lids for 75s.

I think I might be spending a few quid on those, then.

Reply to
SteveH

At least they'll last longer. You gonna need shorter springs too?

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

To be fair, the original panels are in pretty damned decent nick for any

1990 vintage car. It's just that I'm being a bit picky with it now.

It already has shorter springs on the back, the front has torsion bars which are easily adjusted.

Reply to
SteveH

Good idea. At least they can't rust.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

LOL, I've just managed to finally stop myself doing that. It's too=20 expensive.

I was thinking more to compensate for the weight saving on the front.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

Simple twist of the torsion bar adjusters, innit.

It'll bring the nose down nicely.

Reply to
SteveH

Arse

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

On an Alfa I still wouldn't be sure.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

You've just reminded me of the time a couple of mates of mine were doing a few odd jobs on cars for people. Once they were changing the front shocks on a Mk3 Cavalier, and instead of buying/borrowing a set of spring clamps, they decided to tie the different coils of the springs together with spring. It didn't work. Neither of them got injured though...

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Shame you cant get all the other panels that rust away while you are looking at them!

Ken