Wot I spent my 2k on

Heh, the unbelievable stories you get about Ceat tyres from Thick Fuck.

'Own brand' - incorrect

'Made by Pirelli' - also incorrect.

They were originally a Wop brand, which was bought by Pirelli about 50 years ago.

Since then they've closed down the manufacturing plant in Italy and make them in an ex-Pirelli plant in India.

Which explains why they're s**te, really.

Reply to
SteveH

They managed a great trick of lasting no miles, and offering no grip. No idea how that worked. It's not like it was the Clio either with nigh on

200bhp an FWD, it was just a 110bhp 206 XSi.
Reply to
DanB

What a top man! Thanks Timo .. YGM :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Yeap, it's all been re-done a couple of years ago too

I reckon the wheels look a lot better in the flesh. I don't think they'd go with the car if it was *any* other colour though.

Yeah, I know. I actually quite like the sound of it, it's not noisy or farty. It just looks daft. Seems only the last 5 inches look daft though and it's all stainless. Seems a shame to sell it as it's not going to rot. I'll see if I can live with it for a bit and see how it goes.

I did, what a top chap :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

The ones on this seem pretty good TBH. Plenty of tread, lots of grip and no slipping and sliding at all so far. I did get a bit of a drift going on the way to work this morning but that's only because I was being a tit on a deserted roundabout to see if I could.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

They're some of the best all round tyres I've had.

Reply to
Conor

Pretty similar to the "Yokhama A539s won't last any time" at all myth as well.

I have been using them for around 18 months now. Two sets of fronts to one set of rears.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle