Yay - what car post ... again.

Look for an Octavia Turbo 150 4x4.=20

Pro: It is a detuned version of the vRS, but takes the same chip, and=20 has the same exhaust/blower intake.

It will also chip up to 220BHP without grief, and is a lot cheaper.

Cons: Not easy to find in Saloon/Hatch, lots where estate only, but some=20 saloons out there.

Cloth only interior, not half leather.

16" standard wheels, not 17"'s and you don't get the nice green=20 calipers. No vRS body kit, though nothing to stop you fitting one. vRS owners say they have the suspension clearance of a tractor.

Of course, all the cons can be pros after chipping, because it still=20 looks like a farmers car, but goes like a vRS.

Nothing that a little lowering won't sort.

Found this one as an example.

"SKODA OCTAVIA 1.8, 02 reg.

36000 miles, Turbo 4x4 Elegance, fsh, e/w, c/l, e/s/r, climate, air-con,=20 e/m, CD, alloys, abs, reduced to sell. =A37,500.=20 Chris BeachamTel: (01502) 589552 Distance: 172 miles=20 Price: =A37,500"

--=20 The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

MeatballTurbo

sorry to repeat old posts but maybe stretch the budget for a leon cupra? They are massive massive fun too drive, chip well and a few well placed mods will see good gains with the chassis/box/clutch still being able to cope.

if not an early New shape civic type R? no turbo i know but fun.

even an ibiza cupra turbo? seen some very good examples for sale at sub 10. same story with chips and mods.

Reply to
Richard Mason

I bet i know what the response will be here ;)

I like them, bit small though.

Reply to
DanTXD

i know where theres a minter of a 51 plate going for 8k too ;)

Reply to
Richard Mason

Heh, I'm so impressed with the Leon, I've just arranged to hire one for Bank Holiday Weekend.. Not even with the company I work for (we've not got 'em). Turns out the one I was driving was a 1.6, so I've arranged a 1.8. Should be fun...

Reply to
grunty_70

They reckon a 0-60 of 7.6 sec and despite being an auto estate the one I test-drove earlier felt about that. It had tiptronic gears but you push forward to go up a gear and the change speed was about that of an auto, so no touring car-esq shifts unfortunately. Equipment was nice though, but no motorised seats :(

It's a £27k car new; they depreciate like nobody's business. I think no-one wants a big engines petrol as all the diesels were a couple (or five) of grand more, including the 2.2. I think diesel is a false economy in the second hand market anyway, if you aren't doing big miles. It works out that you need to to about 32k miles before the diesel becomes economical.

This one was a year old and had 8k miles on it; a secondhand bargain I reckon. Insurance wasn't bad either.

There is that...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Reply to
dojj

Leon Cupra instead of a Cupra R? Most of the rags rate the regular cupra over the R I used to have a Cupra which I still miss. Had it remapped at jabbasport and was pushing out a healthy 235bhp and 235ft/lb torque. I sold it to a mate and we travelled to a stag weekend in it recently. It still felt like shit off a shovel.

Paul

Reply to
GoJohnnyGoGoGoGo

Mazda 3 :)

Reply to
dojj

Yuck !

I love the Mazda 6, but the none-underpowered one isn't out yet, and it'll be WAY overbudget when it arrives :)

Reply to
Nom