260K...yay!

My '93 LX 5.0 daily driver just turned 260K...yay! went through some clutches, 1 water pump, a couple of alternators and 2 heater cores.......looking at trading it for an 07 Mustang...question is ...can I get the same durability out of the newer car assuming I stick to changing the oil every 3K miles and baby it.

ngm

'93 LX 5.0 BBK short shifter, BBK shorty headers, K&N filter, 2.5in. X pipe, no cats, Flowmaster 3 chamber and aluminium driveshaft.

Reply to
ngm

It is a crap shoot, you may or may not, and there is no way of knowing which cars will and which will not, until it is too late to matter...

Two seemingly identical brand new cars sitting side by side, one could be a total lemon, the other could go 300,000 trouble free miles, there is no telling, and it is NOT all totally maintenance related.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Something we can agree on... mass production brings many variables in to play.... allowable tolerances can meet on the production line in a relationship that isn't going to go well... In order to reduce production costs, the bean counters found that plaaning for an acceptable failure rate and responding when needed was more financially viable than trying to ensure a zero failure rate....

I drive the car I will buy... not one off the lot and then plan on colours/options/what-have-you.... For me, I have always been able to "feel" which ones are good and which ones I would rather not purchase....

Reply to
Jim Warman