You've got to laugh....

VW tell me at 1pm my car won't be fixed today.

By 3.30pm they've apparently fixed it and done a service. Obviously the oily rag service.

I ordered and tried to cancel a hire car from Europcar to replace the Avis Fiat I had from the AA....

But Europcar have just dropped off a Zafira. A 1.6 petrol.

So, I now have 2 hire cars on the road outside the house.

Mini review to follow in the morning when I drive it down to pick up the Passat ;-)

So far, I've noticed that Vauxhall have nicked the handbrake from the Alfa 75....

Reply to
SteveH

well alfa nicked there engines

Reply to
Vamp

Technically incorrect.

Alfa buy the 2.2 and V6 blocks, but bolt Alfa heads to them - complete with customised fuelling and inlet / outlet tracts.

Vauxhall, on the other hand, buy whole JTD engines in from Fiat 'cos they have a history of punting out s**te oil burners.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

Correction - I forgot to add that Alfa also buy the 1.9 block, too.

Reply to
SteveH

Didn't they buy them from Isuzu before?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I'm sure they should have spelled that "Kaliber"

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

See above ;-)

Actually, I believe the 1.5 TD fitted to the Nova and Corsa was OK, just a shame the cars were s**te.

The others were a bit wanky, to be honest.

But, yes, I think the were mainly Isuzus.

Reply to
SteveH

There is a resemblance - and to piss in both cases.

Reply to
Steve Firth

When I was 17, I knew a guy with a 1.5TD Nova, that had crazy money spent on it, big boost and a swanky turbo and stuff, and he wasted a one of those Saab 9000s with the dark wheels and blue paint ( special edition 2.3Ts that had like 230bhp or something ) up down a motorway slip road. It was pretty awesome :) Except it got to 130 and hit it's fuel cutoff/limiter/whatever it was all too quickly and the Saab came sailing by about a minute later (he had got waaaaaaaaaay far behind).

Reply to
Iridium

Try Tesco, they have a good selection of low and alcohol free beers and ciders these days.

Reply to
Elder

That's where I get the Becks from. Unfortunately there's not a large Tesco close to here - would you believe it? Loads of Sainsburys. Even a Waitrose.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Try Asda, lovely selection of beer that tastes of beer.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Just try beer, with alcohol, and take the night off from driving.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Gets my vote. I hate driving to pubs, so I don't do it. I soon get tired of soft drinks, and no/low alchohol beer is pretty foul.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

There's a very good low alcohol beer, a real beer which has low(ish) alcohol. Hobson's I think it is, about 3% alcohol. Since it won outright as the best beer in Britain at one of the CAMRA awards, I don't think it could be described as "foul".

Reply to
Steve Firth

Try Booths - fantastic range of beer, including some which don't necessarily taste of beer :-)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Any idea where one might obtain it? I'll give it a try, at least.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Most of the pubs in/around Great Malvern seem to offer it. They don't do a bottled version, sadly, cask only.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I don't drink alcohol at all these days. But still fancy the taste of a beer sometimes.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well, that's not a million miles away. I'll try one if I'm that way.

Reply to
Chris Bartram