Latest threads in Car Modifications - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Had a play on way back from RAF Woodvale classic show.
Lane 1 packed with shopping trolley hatches and people carriers, lane 2 clear, Me in the Saab, Guards red air cooled 911 turbo, and a V-Spec R34 GT-r. Using 2 and where there was one 3rd lane to full...
4
4

Who are the K-jet parts gurus these day?
I'm going to give the Saab a service shortly, and that involves removing the fuel distributor head in one unit to do the air filter. I know that one of the 21 year fuel lines will crack/break from...
4
4

Quiet in here
No car news from me but I just bought a VFR800 SteveH's bike of choice for a long time. He was actually right about something. I like it. Still waiting for it to burst into flames or rust like an...
5
5

fault code reader
When you're using these ELM327 devices, do you need to have your engine turned on or should they still work with it off?
11
11

Sales of the Kia Cee'd may rise.
After this season of top gear. It gets faster and faster each lap.
4
4

Woohoo the Saab is getting better.
New leads got rid of the arcing, refitting a vac hose sorted the idle/boost gauge. Made a battery heat shield out of an old baking tray and some silicon trivets (2 layers) that are rated at 400f so...
7
7

Looks like the old F900 is available again
thanks to a little ropey condition (but recently MOT'd), a bargain. Anybody want 235bhp for £1300. For those who don't know, built by a former resident of this parish.
2
2

325 TDS
Good idea? I need to have a sensible car on standby as having just the SD1 and Chim is getting silly. I like the look of it - 143bhp, RWD and decent economy. Plus the one I'm looking at has had a few...
1
1

Mini Review - Honda Civic 1.8 V-Tec Si
A repairers courtesy car loaned to me this very morn whilst said repairer gets on with sorting out the mess of a repair they inflicted upon the Golf recently, with a mere 200 miles on the clock......

Is white cool again?
Is white cool again for cars? I've seen quite a lot of new white cars recently... VW Scirrocco(sp?), Seats, Hondas, Mercs, all sorts really. This is the iPod generation so I'm just wondering if white...
9
9

I'm back.
With the beast. Looks like the auction photos were taken a while back as it was shiny then but slightly oxidised and dirty now. Bad points. Paint flat and dirty. Headlining bad at the back but only a...
1
1

Next car? Faster and Cheaper?
What can I get as my next car? I have a Megane2 1.6 3dr (115) at the moment. The insurance renewal is around £650. I want to get something that is faster, but where the insurance is cheaper and car...
29
29

Oh bugger, the things you do when you have had a drink.
While drunken browsing the other night, and doing an insurance quote, stupid me stuck snipe bid in my sniping software for a motor. Totally forgot about it, until it bonged to say bid placed. I got my...
32
32

OT:More TurboCider fun.
Bottled the second batch of TurboCider today. As per good practice, before bottling I took a small taster to one side. Bloody good, not too sharp, tasty. Only had about 1/4pint finished it and got an...
3
3

Which biggish 4x4?
I'm finding I'm needing to shift more shit and stuff around. Probably got a budget of £1k-1.5k max. The IS is OK for small stuff but because the seats don't fold the boot takes very little. I can get...
33
33