03 Cobra Blower Whine

When I lay on the gas pedal, I can hear the blower whinning away then I can't hear it anymore but the boost guage still shows full boost. Any of you floks out there notice the same thing? If I let off on the gas pedal just a bit then lay into it again, the whine starts back up again but disappears again. Another thing I noticed, if I accelerate steadily, the whine seems to last a bit longer. Could my blower bypass be faulty? Thanks in advance for your experiances and comments

Zinc Yellow #3100 Port Angeles, WA

Reply to
pa18465

Flok you too. :) Could it just be a natural noise of the "system" accelerating. I've heard some systems you only hear when they are *winding up* then they go silent but are still running.

That would make sense since your gradually accelerating instead of stomping on it.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Dunno. If the boost gauge shows boost then the manifold is under pressure. If the boost bypass kicks in the boost will fall off fast.

It's been a while since I was stock but I do remember that the blower whine was far quieter and could be overcome by my aftermarket exhaust as the motor wound out. Also, as the Eaton spins up it loses efficiency, and that may have some impact on the sound.

The bottom line is, if the boost gauge reads positive pressure, and the car doesn't fall on it's face under acceleration, then there's no problem to worry about.

Reply to
Dan