HELP!!! Heater Blower

I seem to have a problem with the blower in my 2000TJ. Everything's been fine, but tonight, I left to go out, and my heater worked, I parked, shut it off, and when I left again about 1 hour later, I noticed the blower wasn't working....which really sucks since it's -30 right now, so It's been a chilly ride tonight, and tomorrow will be the same. I tried checking my fuses, but with the cold, I started losing feeling in my hands, so I will check in the morning if it's the fuses, but from the manual, it doesn't tell me which fuse it is, so does that mean I have to pull them all out to check, or does someone know the proper one off hand. I was scanning through ealier posts, and noticed one about a recall on a faulty blower motor on the 1999's, and possibly the 2000's as well...is this confirmed?? If so, I'll call the dealer in the morning to find out. Thanks

Reply to
Shazam

I believe there is a faulty ground tag on the dash that cuts the heater switch out.

Mike

Shazam wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
Shazam

Strange thing...I checked the fuses under the hood, though 1 broke while pulling it out, so i replaced it with another in the meantime, and still the blower wouldn`t work. later on, I was leaving, and my stereo was all the way down, and could hear something, and played around a bit, gave it a technical tap, and it seems to work now, not on the high setting, but on, I guess medium...still, better than nothing right?? So I was doing some reading, and read about a resistor that you could change...would this possible fix things??

Now I have another question, I have a remote starter, and I started it before leaving to go to work, i put my key in, and drove off. When I got to work, I shut it off, take the key out, but it was still running...hit the brake pedal, and still, it didn`t shut off...I had to use my remote to shut it off....this is the first time something like this has happened to me....any idea what could be causing that?? Thanks again for the help...much appreciated.

Reply to
Shazam

Shazam I do believe she possessed . The heater screwing up when it's cold out. I think your luck is as good as mine. Jimmie; Only in a Jeep CJ -7

Reply to
CJimmie in Iowa

That`s what I thought....We in Northern Ontario have been having extreme cold temperature....-30 to -40 degrees Celcius, and I`ve been doing lots of highway driving lately, so I figure I must have a bit of moisture or something going on now. The problem with the remote starter seems fine now...still only heat on the 3rd setting on the dial, and seems that maybe my outside vent is shut or something since my windows are icing up. Probably will take it to my father`s heated garage for an afternoon, and let it warm up, and dry out to see if that helps. Thanks for everything.

By the way, I am thankful that I don`t have my old 92 YJ....it used to actually snow inside, I guess with moisture in the vents or something....Ahhh, Life as a Jeep owner huh??

Reply to
Shazam

I have a 01TJ I'm having a problem with the switch (I believe) On the highest speed setting, after turning the motor off and then restarting, the fan doesn't come on without wiggling the switch. Same problem as yours maybe?

Next questi> That`s what I thought....We in Northern Ontario have been having

Reply to
FrankW

Gents, there is a TSB out on the heater switch in the TJ's.

They did a crappy job of installing the dash and the ground wires come loose. This messes up the heater control.

The fix is to drill and tap the dash for a bigger/better bolt on the ground strap.

Mike

FrankW wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
FrankW

I am trying to find it again. I think it was for a different year.

Yours is under recall for a bad ignition switch that could catch fire and for a bad design on the exhaust manifold that could catch fire.

I will keep nosing around and find the TSB number on that punky ground.

Mike

FrankW wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
FrankW

Hi Mike,

The TSB must be in the U.S. only. I called my dealer, and he doesn`t know of any recall...maybe I got the shop idiot, i`m not sure, but I`ll do some more research regarding anyways. Thanks.

Reply to
Shazam