04 GT front quarter panel question

Since this is my firts mustang, I have a question about my front quarter panels.

On EVERY other car I have had, the front quarter panels have no "give" in them. The ones on my 04 GT do. If you apply a little pressure in the area of the quarter panel where the antenna is, the panel will move. I guess the best way to describe this is the gap between the panel and the hood will get smaller, and noticibly. I really want to believe, based on past car experiences that this is not normal, and I have a problem. I have scheduled an appt. with my local dealer to have this taken care of under warranty, just in case.

So are my fears correct? Do I have some sort of issue with this car? FWIW, it has 16k miles, and no accidents since I have owned it, or according to carfax.

Thanks for any info.

Brian

04 GT Stock (well, tinted windows)
Reply to