04 Mach1 at invoice minus rebates; can I do better?

Several dealers are advertising/offering invoice minus rebates for 2004 Mach1. That's what I want, but now I wonder if they'll do better. It's the old "I want it for less than advertised," feeling we have. So, for around $24,500 plus tax&tags, it's out the door. Anyone have recent experiences? central NC

tia

Eric M

Reply to
E Murray

The longer you wait, the lower the prices will drop. Ford requires the dealership to sell a certain percentage (allotment) of the '04's they ordered, before they'll even ship the '05. If they don't sell the right number, they don't get any new ones. If their hurting (and they are) you can wait it out and get one for a *nice* price. I spent an hour on a Ford lot today and they're BEGGING people to take the '04 cause they know everyone's waiting for the '05 and they haven't met their allotment yet. The lot was *full* of '04 Stangs of all breeds. Cobra's, Mach's, GT's, Pony's, and plain janes.

Reply to
Scott Williams

Yes, that was my experience on Wed. and today. They told me they 'couldn't keep Mach1's on the lot.' And I actually did see two go out around that time. During that time I didn't see any other Stang models move. My trade-off is that I'd like the white, maybe orange. They may eventually be hard to find. I don't know what colors are most popular, nor how many are proportionally produced...

Thanks tho

Scott Williams wrote:

Reply to
E Murray

You should come out here to Colorado then. They aren't moving that fast here. Of course the GT's are still in the low $20k's. One of the salesmen told me that they would drop into the teens over the next 6-8 weeks.

Reply to
Scott Williams

Drove by the local lot that I do a lot of business with early this morning. They normally have to leave 10 or so out in the grass because they have so many on hand. None on the grass, and they have already put some Taurus's and Thunderbird's in the same row as the Mustang. They must be paying off mortgages or something because they are disappearing really fast.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Check my other post on the sitch here in Denver.

Reply to
Scott Williams

LA Times (California) has 3 2004 Cobras for 32,995

-Joe

Reply to
Desert Lurker

I thought that there won't be any 2004 Cobras.

Reply to
Mark Jones

"Mark Jones"

That's '05 not '04. The 04's have been out for what, 8 months?

Reply to
Scott Williams