10 Best sports cars in Forbes !!!!????

Anyone seen this???

What the %$%^& is a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution? Did Mitsubishi buy Forbes recently or did some rice boys hack the Forbes site... I figure if this pseudo-car is on the list, some stangs should be there too!

Reply to
Ron Wood

Chill out there, bud :P "Sports cars"

Reply to
<memset

Reply to
Erik D.

The first poll was which one would you like to drive, and I voted like the masses... I'd love to be behind the wheel of an F1. That's all me.

The Evo is, IMO, ugly, but they come from the factory with the ability to hang with some modern stock N/A V8s, and with some tuning, can run with the big boys. The catch is, you have to know how to drive one to get it to perform. Just like the turbo Eclipses of last generation, or to a lesser extent, the first generation turbo Probes, the driver makes a huge difference. Drivers can make a difference in a V8 car too, but having to keep the RPMs up to ensure boost is available and having to work tricks with the clutch in orderto do so, it's easier to make a mistake driving the little 4-pot that could. Bog an LS1, stay in the throttle, and the bottom end torque picks you up. Bog down an EVO, if you don't clutch and rev it up again, you're gonna be waiting for a while to build enough pressure to boost the engine, and that LS1's gonna be long gone by then, even if you're running high teens of boost.

JS

Reply to
JS

I agree. I don't think Forbes is going to like the comments I e-mailed to them about it.

Reply to
Irish Moon Child

Here we go again... debating whether the Stang is a Sports car or not.

It's not a sports car.... it's not fubar enough to fall in to that class.

Personally I consider my Stang, my "Hot Rod"

Kate

| > What the %$%^& is a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution? Did Mitsubishi buy | > Forbes recently or did some rice boys hack the Forbes site... | > I figure if this pseudo-car is on the list, some stangs should be | > there too! |

Reply to
SVTKate

Sounds like a good name for it. You like "Hot Rod" eh ;) Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Personally I consider my car an A**HOLE! I've had to do several repairs on her _probably_ due to neglected maintenance on the previous 2 owners *sigH*. She's getting better though. I've replaced several parts. Latest repair was the transmission (5th gear & syncros replaced).. one before that was the intake manifold. Next on my list is getting a Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter. Next will be throwing on a Steeda rear sway bar, then I'm going to give cold air induction a try. After that, I'm going to put in 3.73 gears in the rear differential. From there... I should have a pretty fun car to last me quite a while. Cheers.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Aren't Mustangs the original pony cars?

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Damn Straight I do!

*wink*

Kate

| | Sounds like a good name for it. You like "Hot Rod" eh ;) | Erik D. | '94 white lightning |

Reply to
SVTKate

I just hate calling my Cobra a pony...

Kate

| > It's not a sports car.... it's not fubar enough to fall in to that class. | >

| > Personally I consider my Stang, my "Hot Rod" | | Aren't Mustangs the original pony cars? | | Dana |

Reply to
SVTKate

So call it 305 ponies... or however many it has with your mods now ;)

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I thought Cobra owners referred to their stangs as 'Snakes'?

Reply to
Greg B.

Here's a pretty good set of relevant definitions:

In particular, it distinguishes between sports cars and muscle cars on the basis of price and specialized nature.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

The Evo is all-wheel drive with a 260 hp 2l turbocharged motor and about 3100lb. ~$26k The Suburu WRX STi is the better car,

2.5 l and 300hp, 6 speed, electronically controlled center diff. (~$32k)

Reply to
Morgan Bullard