19" wheels on an '05 mustang?

Guys, I'm thinking of putting 19"x9" wheels on my '05, with 1" of rubber... Total will be 20", which should be the same as my 17's with 3" of rubber... Anyone know if they will fit well?

Also, do I need a brake upgrade at that point?

Reply to
<japhar81>

Ouch.

Now *those* are rubber band tires...

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Reply to
<japhar81>

Wheels separated from the road by only 1" of rubber sounds painful. 'Course, I'm used to 75 series tires... Nice and cushy! :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Reply to
<japhar81>

Kinda Ghetto if ya ask me but do what you will.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Im more interested in the 9" width.. but it seems the 19s are the smallest i can get in that width. Without the 9", the 'eleanor' look just doesnt look right:-/

Reply to
<japhar81>

what do ya expect from a sand nig lmfao

hurc ast

Reply to
c3p0000

Well I have 17 x 9 wheels. What is stock for the '05? Here's a picture:

Richard

Dude, go 18" max with a thicker rubber. You'll be glad you did.

Reply to
Mark C.

shhhhhhh dont tell the dumbfuck what the first" shock absorber" is

lmfao

u go girl

hurc ast

Reply to
c3p0000

Mine came with the GT wheels, which are 17x8.

Reply to
<japhar81>

I think it will look ghetto - so it really depends what kind of look you are going for. Also tires will cost you a lot more now (a lot more) especially for a car that is supposed to be a cheap (in price only) sports car. Those $$ are better spent on performance mods (IMHO).

Now regarding brakes, unless you are doing power mods, there should be no reason to upgrade them. Or is it just for the look?

Musty.

Reply to
Musty

For the look... I'm also looking at putting in a GT engine, so performance may be an issue soon too.

Reply to
<japhar81>

I did not realize that this was a V6. Now, I have to ask this question, if you have a 2005 Mustang V6 and you're going to be putting extra $$ on 19" wheels, 19" rubber, upgraded brakes and a GT engine, would it be a better to at this point sell your V6 and buy a GT. If you do the math (parts, labour etc), you may find out that buying a GT might be cheaper. Just my $0.02.

Musty.

Reply to
Musty

The whole reason I bought the V6 was because of the engine, I'm not putting a Mustang GT engine it... Ive got a shop working on shoehorning the engine from the ford GT into it:)

No sense buying the GT engine just to tear it out.

Reply to
<japhar81>

Just personal opinion here, I don't think there will be any shoehorning going on at all. Moving the electric fans, yes but the modular engine, if that is what you are talking about looks like it will just slide right in without problem. The 6.8L V-10 in my work van looks just like the engine in my Vert, just longer.

The suspension systems will need to be addressed due to the extra weight and power though.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

I see. Yeah, you'll need some bigger brakes and probably quite a few other upgrades. How much does a ford GT engine cost??

Reply to
Musty

It's NOT listed on fordracingparts.com! Wishful planning?

Reply to
John

The suspension on the V6 is different than the V8, you are going to have to change out the K-member, struts, and springs. May as well spend a few extra bucks and go with a tubular k member and coil-overs.

Reply to
Greg Peck