Mercedes S Class Alloy Wheels

Does anyone know whether Mercedes S Class alloy wheels will fit a 2004 E Class (E270)?

I have a chance to buy a set of 17" wheels, which the seller thinks will fit.

The S Class wheels have the following numbers:

A220 401 2402 B6 867 1881

7.5J x 17 H2 EJ46

E Class wheel numbers usually start A211, rather than A220.

I hoped the A220 wheels might just be a higher spec for the S Class, but would still fit the E Class. However, I have been told that whilst physically the wheels would probably fit, the S Class wheels use a wheel bolt with a larger diameter shank and a larger thread size. There might be a safety issue if the A220 wheels were fitted to an E Class as the S Class wheel bolts wouldn't fit the E Class hubs, and the E Class wheel bolts would be too small for the wheels.

Does anyone know how accurate this information is?

TIA

Reply to
mlv

Ask on

Tim S Kemp

If you want to get rid of your old E Class 16" alloys, I may be interested. Assuming these are the 5x112 bolt pattern. cheers, JB

Reply to
JB