1987 5.0L Clutch

depends on what grade and size tire you are running. The weakest link will always give up first.

Reply to
Carver

I have about 350 HP in my 1987 5.0L Can the stock clutch handle this power ?

Reply to
Duker

Yes - and no. The question is not can it handle it, but for how long and under what conditions. At the track with slicks and a well tuned suspension - maybe one or two passes. On stock tires for daily driving - probably for quite a while.

Reply to
boB

Thanks for the responses. I do run it with slicks at the track (best ET is 13.2) which is why I put a DF Centreforce in it. I experienced slipping (and burning) this past weekend and thought the clutch was done after 7000 miles ! The cable has been adjusted and all is well .... for now ! I had short life with a King Cobra but I think it was an installation issue.

Reply to
Duker