1996 Cobra Odometer Problems - Help!

I've had a similar experience and haven't gotten around to getting mine fixed. I'm sure that I haven't put more than 100 miles or so on it since it stopped... ;-) The dealership will want to replace the entire cluster and not just the motor, of course, and when they told me that I immediately asked for the keys back. Since then, I came across a TSB (attached) that

*might* take care of your problem and mine. It's a definite defect because I've seen countless 96 snake owners who have weird odometer problems.

If you try it, let me know if it works out for you because I really need to get mine fixed, too.

Reply to
Brian J. Barclay

Thanks once again to everybody. I think I am going to put off replacing the entire instrument cluster for now. But I agree that I would rather know the exact number of miles so I know when it's time for tire rotations and oil changes. I found that tapping in the general area of the odometer does cause it to start working again. I only had to tap on it once today, and it was good for the rest of my commute, AM and PM.

Reply to
Christine Courty