300 thousand miles

With all that has been happing as of late I just noticed that I had rolled the odometer for the third time. Mostly stock 1988 Mustang GT convertible engine never rebuilt. Some of the Mods that I can remember making are Cobra electronics upgrade, (Injectors, MAF and CPU) Body bracing, (subs, shock towers, strut and K member braces.) Brakes, (larger front calipers and SSBC rear disk conversion.) I'm sure their is some other minor stuff in there was well but not much seeing as I have owned the car for over 20 years.

Reply to
Ironrod

Wow. Congratulations! That is, indeed, a MILEstone.

My '93 convertible just passed 133,333. Ain't no way I'm going to catch up within the next five years. And my '93 LX is only coming up at 214K. I suppose if I add them together...

Nah. Anyway, congratulations again.

dwight

dwight

That's higher mileage than my 68 coupe thats twice its age. You must have changed the oil faithfully. Just curious, have you been running synthetic or conventional oil? Any problems with oil leaks?

Byron

Reply to
jonezzzman

I always use some kind of synthetic oil (whatever happens to be on sale that week) I usually change the oil about every 10000 miles. Since I rolled the odometer I think I will probably have the oil system flushed again. ( I like to do that every 100,000 miles to get the grit out.)

Reply to
Ironrod

My my, how interesting. And you admitted it in public too. :oP

Reply to
WindsorFo

One of those sad facts of live when you wake up to discover that taking it to Jiffy Lube every 3000 miles is worse than if you just changed it yourself every 10000.

Reply to
Ironrod