Electic motorized supercharger

Is this a common idea? Im wondering how it would fit over the water pump.

These guys have been growing thier operation over the years and looks like their doing ok, they custom make all the parts needed for mad max replicas even functional switch operated supercharger! To bad the cars are dissapearing.

faust_151

Who in their right mind would want one?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

"Big Al" wrote

A Mad Max enthusiast. I persoanlly think the car is pretty cool for what it is. I'd like to get my hands on an aussie XB. Take the ass of this...

and the nose of this...
and there you have a pretty cool looking muscle car...
Course thats just my opinion.

Scott W. '69 Mustang Sportsroof '68 Ranchero 500

Reply to
Scott W.

Not a common idea, and nobody else is doing it. But it does look cool in the movie

Essentially it's an electric clutch, like on an A/C compressor. One of the big three (Buick?) tried that back in the 60's. Obviously, that didn't work out well.

-------- .boB

2006 FXDI hot rod 2008 Mustang Coupe 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.
Reply to
.boB

A bloody Aussie wanna be? But, since they don't really come from the land down under... they'll still never be.....

Seems to be a fad going with reproducing tv and movie cars..... Knight Rider (my daughter & son-in-law - the original version) Dukes of Hazzard (LOTS of these) Mad Max Gone in 60 Seconds (Elenores are everywhere) Smokey and the Bandit

Give me the latest Batmobile or Bond Aston Martin :0)

Reply to
veegerNOSPAM

How about the original MonkeyMobile for $350,000?

-------- .boB

2006 FXDI hot rod 2008 Mustang Coupe 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.
Reply to
.boB

Ahhhh, but that, IIRC, is a George Barris custom.

Reply to
veegerNOSPAM

Ummmm..... you don't expect that this supercharger shaped object really works, do you?

Reply to
<mechanic

At least until the batteries runs down.... which is why I suggest the Ion battery version. They work far better than the hand crank model.

Reply to
veegerNOSPAM

just put in peddles on the passenger side, it will give him something to do.

Also the "supercharger shaped object" does in fact add wind resistance, which is very important to help slow down if going too fast.

87 5.0 excopcar 93 5.0 excopcar 8# KeeneBell, tuned, 145k miles and still fast. "like an old pair of blue jeans" (-MJ)
Reply to
AshtarSheran

..

well the body has weiand stamped on it but if its fake I wouldnt want one. I would love to make one of these cars out of a torino. with a functional supercharger. Also a big movie car fan. Id have a 76 amc pacer mirth mobile from waynes world right now if the only one i could find cheap, the retard didnt want $4000 for it. its worth $1500 at most. Would also like to have a starsky and hutch torino, elanor, heck would even be fun to make the mustang from the new Death Race movie. But the mirth mobile is about the only thing thats in my price range / interest level.

Reply to
faust_151