351C in a 65 Coupe

Does anyone know what headers will fit a 351C with a C6 tranny into a 65 Mustang Coupe?

Reply to
Bill Fry

I think the motors too wide. Even if you shoehorn it in there, I don't think you'll have room for a good set of headers. They'd be like .5" diameter. Imagine trying to change the plugs.. EESH!!

Scott W. '66 Mustang HS '68 Fury III

Reply to
Scott Williams

V'ger

1965 Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black A Code 4 spd 1966 Fastback 2+2 White w/Red C Code Auto
Reply to
V'ger

Or he could reverse the flow of the heads and run the cam backwards. Converting the exhaust side into the intake side. Run the engine in reverse. He could run fuel rails down the side of the motor to squirt the fuel in the exhaust ports and have the intake manifold be the exhaust manifold. Just remove the carb and run a stack out the top of the hood. It'd look like an old steam engine train. :) LMAO

Scott W. '66 Mustang HCS '68 Fury III

Reply to
Scott Williams

Well, I've honestly never them in person, but about 20 years ago there was a company that made headers for putting the 351C into an early mustang. Actually, they were a one-piece setup. Some of the pipes from the left would snake around and join the right collector and some of the pipes from the right would join the left collector. They were not matched by any means. Also, there used to be a manufacturer that had all four pipes on each side sitting horizontally as they entered each collector for better ground clearance. Like I say, this was ~20 years ago and the manufacturers may long be out of business. On a side note, my first car was a 66 Mustang coupe with the 120 MPH speedometer. I sold the car to a kid who dropped a 351C in it shortly after. I guess he had to use the upper end of the speedo at all times because about a week later he wrapped the car around a tree. I'm pretty sure he had on stock exhaust manifolds on the car though.

Reply to
Kruse

A guy in the Mustang club I belong to has a 351 in a '65 drop top. I will ask him the next time I see him.

Reply to
Drive25usac

Unless you're removing the shock towers, I don't see any way of doing it. My 302 with headers only clears by about 2" on each side. I'd love to see pictures if you're able to pull it off.

Reply to
Mustang_66

from this mailing list
"...A 351C will fit only with special swap headers available from Total Performance, Tubular Automotive, and Pro Mustang Performance . I have the ones from Total Performance but they were poorly made so I'd look to the other two sources. ..."

Someone mentioned the pipes that cross-over. They are actually two or more pieces and slide together. A Friend of mine had a similar set on his 428SCJ Torino. The car was so difficult to service he put the factory cast iron manifolds back on.

Reply to
dave

A friend of mine stuffed a hi-po 351 in to a ' 66 , And he had headers .

It worked good untill he nailed it , And snapped frame :-(

Reply to
RobertGOhio

What exactly is a Hi-Po 351? A 351 Cleveland is not a small block and is much wider than a 351 Windsor. After measuring out the Cleveland on my 70 FB, I don't see a way to squeeze that engine in there, not with headers.

Reply to
Mustang_66

You are one sick puppy! You sir definitely belong in the monster garage! lol!

-- _______________________________________ "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: The chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

Reply to
Just Me "Koi"

Hedman has a set of headers for the 2V heads into 66up Fairlanes and 67up Mustangs. Don't know if they squeeze into a 66

C8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe