4 door Mustang for Bill S

Hi all, Found the four door Mustang on the web, I have included the link. Odd looking, if you ask me.

ftp://members.aol.com/Mustangkaz/proto2.gif

Bill P

Reply to
Bill

Check out this link. All the way at the bottom, after all the fiats, is a white stretched '65 limo.

Scott Williams '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

pretty good image of an artist having the mustang on an angle to distort the vision of the side... then take an image of falcon, fairlane door and cut out the glass area and transpose it to the mustang along with drawing the removal of the back end of the door and putting in a new rear door.. but i had a 66 mustang when new and also worked on and stripped out some junkers back in 68-70 when you could buy one for $100 off the streets as they seemed like junk cars... there is no way that you can put a rear door on this car.. i am short and had trouble with the front seat going back.. if someone was in the rear then i felted crunched with the front seat now all the way back... there is no room for a back door on this car, too small, but when the angle of view is not straight then it seems possible to the eye, but not practical, pretty good illusion though....

Reply to
jim

Reply to
Mustang GT

Good thing it never made it passed the "Clay Form" stage.

Bill S.

Bill wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Looks like any otehr Falcon to me...

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Hey Jim, this is a factory clay mock up. It is actually a two door on the other side. This was fairly common pratice to save on clay modelling and get two mock ups for the price of one. In reality they would have stretched the wheelbase on a 4 door had it been produced ( remember the 4 door Maverick/ Comet?) Studebaker did this with the Avanti mockup when they considered a 4 door also and I believe it still exists. Ford even made a two seater Mustang SWB ragtop ( Bill would be familiar with that one I'm sure) StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Reply to
Bill S.

Are there pictures of this car on the i-net? Link please?

Scott Williams '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

Many of these sorts of pics can be found in the book MUSTANG! by Gary L. Witzenburg. Published by automobile quarterly it goes up to

1978, the birth of the '79 fox mustang.
Reply to
Brent P

I made a mistake, the book goes up to 1980. Just checked.

Reply to
Brent P

Cool, thanks. I should hopefully be able to find it @ the local library.

Scott Williams '66 HCS