5.0 best coldair intake info please?

hello... just got a stock 89 gt ,87,000 miles an gonna be asking lots of questions in future..so thanx in advance for help....oh yah.. you can thank me for starting a war on what was faster, a 5.0 or a 4.6..never thought you guys would go crazy wit dat!!....ANYHOO, I see lots of intakes on ebay from 35-50$$ .are they junk?..does k/n have plan ole' drop ins like my pimped jetta has???..i dont wanna suck hot engine air if thats all these kits realistically do besides give ya a neat sound..mike in mass.

Reply to
Riled66

I've been told by the best that the best caold air mod is to remove the intake silencer and use the stock air box.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Your stock set up is already breathing cold air from outside the engine compartment.

Reply to
Ironrod

Pull out the silencer and call it good, takes all of 5 minutes...

Use the money you were going to spend on the CAI on some pulleys, or gears. Lots better use of money goes there especially gears.

G'luck

Reply to
indi