Intake Bolts

Guys,

Started to put my intake mainfold back on today, and (Doh!) I can't remember where the bolts go and where the studs go. Any help?

Cheers, Kyle

Reply to
KB

It would help to know what motor and the year, but I'm going to go with a standard 350 setup as a guess. Usually, there are two lifting rings that sometimes pull double duty. When they are used to hold an A/C bracket or such, they will have a stud. They are (from the flywheel end of the engine looking at it) on the left front and right rear. However, later motors SOMETIMES used studs to provide the bracket for the throttle/tranny cables on the left rear. And on some I've seen studs to hold the bracket for the MAP sensor/EGR control solenoid on the middle of the right side. If you have the "horse collar" style accessory bracket, they would have brackets that go in (usually) the second hole back on the either side. Does any of this bring back memories? Look at your brackets, lifting eyes, etc. and you should be able to figure it out.

Reply to
John Alt

Thanks, John. Yeah, it's a '95 350 TBI. I had the lifting rings, no problem, but couldn't remember the studs for ground wires, MAP sensor bracket, throttle cable bracket, etc. I think I've got it licked now, anyway, but thanks again.

Kyle

Reply to
KB