'65-66 window crank question

Are window cranks supposed to point down when the window is rolled all the way up or forward?

Reply to
Mark

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

Point them anyway you like them. I point mine forward on all my cars so I don't hit my knee on them. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Mark opined in news:nEWSc.139102$eM2.108498@attbi_s51:

seems to me, on my older cars, the crank usually was at the 1:30, driver and

10:30, passenger positions when up.

I know that I did play with this, was more natural to use and less interfence with legs, knees..

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

it depends on where you want the crank to point.. on my 66 mustang that i bought new back in 1966 could be placed in any direction you wanted it to be in.... point it in an area where it does not hit you when in the car.....

Reply to
dbird