66 A code vs C Code

How can you tell the difference from an A code motor and a C code motor once it is separated from the car?

Reply to
NUPRO FGP

The "A" is a 4bbl, the "C" is a 2bbl.

John Del Wolcott, CT

"I'm just trying to get into heaven, I'm not running for Jesus!" Homer Simpson

(remove S for email reply)

Reply to
John Del

C is 2 bbl, A is 4.

Reply to
Scott Williams

A code had higher compression, the pistons were flat tops.

C code had dished top pistons.

As others said, there is a manifold and carb diff too.

It really makes no difference at this point. The engine should be rebuilt and you control what compression, pistons, cam etc that you use.

Erich

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner