66 DISC BRAKE QUESTION

got a 66 with manual drum v8. Gonna do a disc conversion, I have the K/H 4 piston calipers, mounting brackest, splash shileds, a big bowl master cylnder.... Here is the question.. Stock rear drum.

What do I need for a combiination valve? Or is it a Prop valve? Or just a dist block....or is there any invovled?

Let m eknow what you think would be the best route to go...

Thanks.... Cobra_gt350

Reply to
COBRA_GT350

Call companies like Master Power Brakes or Stainless Steel Brakes and a proportioning valve specifically for that combo. You can also use the dial type "proportioning valve", which is really just a pressure reducer. It's a lot cheaper and easier to install, but doesn't work quite as well.

Reply to
.boB

My 65 came with manual disc front/drum rear, but over the years the oem disc were scavenged. They were replaced with after market front disc, with a dual reservoir and power (glad I added the power). I stayed with the rear drums and for a daily driver, I am quite satisfied leaving it that way.

A. Definitely you want the dual reservoir unless you are trying for concours. It's a modern safety upgrade.

B. You only need the proportioning valve, and I highly recommend the adjustable over the fixed. There are units which serve multi purpose (proportioning and distro).

C. You can stay with rear drum and upgrade at some point in the future if it's a money situation, or convert now. There are advantages to staying with the rear drum, but much depends on how you intend to use the car.

D. I didn't do it yet, but I would recommend upgrad>got a 66 with manual drum v8. Gonna do a disc conversion, I have the

Reply to
Spike