67 Front fender

Hey I was waonder to take off the front fenders on a 67 stang do I need to fully remove the front grill and headlights first?

Thanks for any help! Steve

Reply to
SteveT

Yes. While you've got the fenders off, it's a good idea to reseal the seams where the cowl attaches to the body. It's a common source of leaks that are sometimes falsely blamed on a leaking windshield.

Reply to
Mark C.

Good suggestion. Hit every body seam possible with a quality seam sealer; it's very much worth doing while you're in there.

This is the single weakest spot on these cars. It is responsible for many of their deaths. Don't be afraid to dig out some of the old crud, clean the surfaces up, and apply a thick bead of new seam sealer....

Good luck

Reply to
Wound Up

Actually I'm doing a full cowl repaire, I have replacement panels, Pulling windshiled out, I'm drilling out the 160 spot welds, the works, Has anyone been through this before any tips along the way would be a great help.

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
SteveT

Make darn sure ya go to church and ask forgiveness for all them cuss words, etc.... And I'll be praying for ya.

Seriously... one of the back issues of Mustang Monthly (or might have been Mustang and Fords) had a pictorial on that very task. It's a lot of work. Best take your time and do it right the first time through. You know.... measure twice, cut once kinda thing.

Good Luck, for "you're a better man than I am, Gunga D>Actually I'm doing a full cowl repaire, I have replacement panels, Pulling

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Yes. My advice often ends in the following, but for this undertaking, I must reiterate - TAKE YOUR TIME.

There is literally no single undertaking in terms of restoration/repair that is as important with a 64 1/2 - 68 1/2 Mustang as this one. Take a month if need be; for God's sake, the car is 38 years old now, it can wait that long. Expect 100+ hours of work.

Best of luck; please keep us apprised of your progress.

Spike wrote:

Reply to
Wound Up

Treat and coat the entire inside cowl area while you're in there. POR-15 is good for this.

Reply to
Mark C.

I appreciate your input, I will be one with the Zen gods and take it easy! I've been using por on almost all my applications for rust prevention, Excellent stuff!! I'll keep you guys updated...

Regards, Steve

Reply to
SteveT

I've heard Eastwood makes a good spotweld drill bit. You may need two for this project.

Reply to
Mark C.

----> Hello Everybody!

I bought my step-son a '67 and he wants nothing to do with restoring it. Any suggestions on the best way or place to try and recoup my investment now? Thank in advance for you help.

Dale :O)

Reply to
GateGod

Auto trader or Ebay.

Good luck

undertaking,

restoration/repair

windshield.

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner

If he's 18 just kick him out? :-/

Reply to
Gill

List it here. As long as you do not post repeatedly, the group here should be fine with it. Where is it located?

Bob

Reply to
pony67

----> It is located in Gilberton, Pa. (17934) It has everything to build it. I think there might even be a few doubles. It is sitting in my back yard with a cover over it. The motor is a 6cyl. with a auto-transmission. I have pics of it, but I didn't want to post the binaries here. If anyone has any questions on it, please feel free to email directly at GateGod @ hotmail . com I will try to answer any questions that I may know. Thanks for the help!

Dale :O)

Reply to
GateGod

----> He's only 16. Will be 17 in August. I'm hoping he moves back to his real dad soon. heh

Dale :O)

Reply to
GateGod

"GateGod" wrote | | ----> He's only 16. Will be 17 in August. I'm hoping he moves back to his | real dad soon. heh | | Dale :O) |

Hey Dale, I'm not trying to be mean here, seriously. I openly admit that I don't know you or the boy BUT has it occured to you that it might not be that he isn't interested in building the car but more that he senses that you feel this way and thus does not to build it with YOU ??

My youngest daughter is like that when it comes to working with her dad. He seems to think that she should know everything and treats her like a dumbass so she just avoids doing things with him

She's been that way since she was about 12, she's 21 now.

Anyway my .02 worth.

I emailed you, check your email and please shoot me some pics. I might be interested in the car.

Kate

PS: I also realize that they boy may be just an ungrateful pain in the ass.

Reply to
SVTKate