67 vert 6 to v8 swap questions

I am swapping the 200/6 for a 302 keeping the original c4 that is like new. I know that there at least 2 bell housings for this combo. I need a short bell housing. I have a c4 fron an 82 cougar but the bellhousing is to long and the output shaft is 2 long also.

I have a 302 from my boat that is superstrong that I want to put in. I know what other parts motor mounts etc that need to be changed but i have no idea about the bell ot torque converter.

If you have one for sale or know which bell and converter I need I would appreciate some help.

Bryan

snipped-for-privacy@cableone.net

Reply to
Biff

I have yet to hear of anyone retaining the stock 6 cyl. C4 when doing a Windsor. It's common practice to swap the tranny also, which is no big deal, normally.

Boat engines are cammed different. This will be an isue when selecting a converter and may effect drivabilty also. Don't know what to tell you, other than, put the six in the boat and sell it.

C8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe

I am not using a a winsor just a regular 302. it is common to see a 302 mated to a c4. but what bell housing will work between the two. it has an rv cam

does anyone know what bell housing and torque converter to use?

Reply to
Biff