'73 front bumper

So, my dad has a 73 mustang that was parked a little to close to the garage when the house burned. The front bumper has a portion of the rubber coating burned off.

I look at this and say, oh there must be plenty of parts out there for this car, after all its a mustang, you know, collectible. WRONG. I find out that this is a year specific part. Not only that, but no one seems to be providing a reproduction/replacement. Plenty of parts for the other years though.

So, what do mustang guys do when this kinda thing happens? I can see getting a replacement from a boneyard, but at what price? I also wonder about getting in an accident while traveling more than 5 MPH. Is this type of thing repairable?

- Mike

Reply to
mike

"mike" wrote> So, what do mustang guys do when this kinda thing happens? I can see

these guys if you cant find anything local to you. They have literally THE largest Mustang boneyard in the world. I know they'll have a replacement for your bumper. Yes they are pricey and can be a bit crusty when you talk to them, but they will definitely have your bumper. They even have a whole section in the yard for other classic fords. I was able to get a replacement rear glass for my '68 Ranchero when it got busted. Ask for Don.

Scott W '68 Ranchero 500 '69 Sportsroof Mustang

Reply to
Scott W.