'78 Merc Zephyr. Same clutch/brake pedals as Mustang?

Okay, before you chastise me, hear me out. I've got a '78 Mercury Zephyr w/302 & automatic C4 tranny. I'd like to convert this car to a manual tranny. I know that these cars did come with manual trannys, but I've been unable to find the brake and clutch pedals from a Zephyr/Fairmont that I need. Remember that these cars were the beginning of the Fox chassis. So my question is: Will the pedals from a '79 or so Mustang bolt right in or do I need to take these from a donor Zephyr/Fairmont? Anybody got access to an old Ford parts book or a Hollander manual to check it out or does somebody know from memory? TIA.

Reply to
Kruse

The 78-80 Zephyr/Fairmont/Mustang/Capri Fox bodies were so closely related that this should work for you. They even had the same dash pads.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Same dash pads, and in my case ('79 black on black bucket seat 302 4 speed) same tachometer and gauge cluster, same front suspension, rear-end etc.

Mine long ago inherited a '71 351 Cleveland (4 bolt main CJ block, 4bbl quench heads) toploader 4-speed, 9 inch 3.89/1 traction-loc disc brake rear-end.

Now talk about a sleeper...

Reply to
351CJ

A machine shop nearby has a Fairmont wagon, yellow with wood paneling, that did 10.60s at Gateway this summer. How freaking cool is that? Wagons apparently leave hard and true. I just always loved seeing some homely thing like that SMOKE the 5.0 pimpers (and even Guido in his GN) at E-Town back when they were the shoite

-- Wound Up TS #65

Reply to
Wound Up