88GT Convertible front window guide bushings, HELP!

Hi Guys,

Both the driver and passenger side window guide bushings on my 88GT Vert are shot. I am able to 'wobble' my windows back and forth. Per Late Model Restoration supplies website

I ordered 4 new window guide bushings (2 per side). They claim their new plastic bushings fit 79-93 mustangs. I went to install them this weekend and ran into some problems. On my vert there is only 1 bushing per side. And the one bushing is physically a different size then the ones they shipped me. I spoke with one of their techs who said that a limited number of convertibles were made a little 'differently' hence different parts. He apologize and said the bushings they sent would not fit my car. He went on to say they don't carry ones that would. They did however give me a full refund and are letting me keep the 4 worthless bushings I received.

My question for you all - has anyone replaced the window guide bushings in their late model convertible and run into my problem? Where did you purchase your new bushing?

I took pictures to clarify,

Regards, Andy

Reply to
Andy Budwill

Darn, nobody?

Reply to
Andy Budwill

I think this will be true of the hardtop models BUT the 88-93 convertibles used an oval tube for the center guide whereas the hardtops used a round one thus the difference in size. I wonder if they realize the convertibles ARE different.

TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

Musttanguy

I did notice the tubes were ovular (if that's even a word).

Have you run across this as you have worked on the convertibles? What have you done to work around it? I can't find the two bushings I need

*anywhere*. My door panels are ripped off and windows wobble up and down, I guess they are staying that way until I find the parts :-p

Andy

Reply to
Andy Budwill