'91 Steering Change

My son wants to change his non-adjustable steering wheel to one that adjusts. He wants to get one from the junkyard and put it in. Sounds good to me. Has anyone done it and what does it entail?

Regards, Steve '91 LX 5.0 5spd, Flowmasters

Reply to
San Mateo

I have to assume that you are referring to a tilt column??? Just be sure to get everything from the connection at the box to the wheel..... it rea;;y helps if the donor is equipped identically to the donee...

Jim Warman

90-93 airbag steering wheels don't come with tilt columns. The only tilt columns will be 87-89 pre-airbags.

TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

Musttanguy

Hi Tim,

Just to make sure...,

This means that a 87-89 pre-airbag titl column cannot be used with my actual '91 airbag system I suppose ?

Thanks Nick

Reply to
Nicky Pantoliano