91 ranger 3.0>to 5.0?

I have a 3.0 liter motor in my 91 ford Ranger and I'd like to change it and put a 5.0 liter motor in it's place. Has anyone done this, or know what steps I'd need to take to accomplish this goal?

My idea is to purchase a 5.0 mustang and just transfer all the necessaries; but, it is my hope that some one has allready done this.

Reply to
Jon Merrick

Should be a pretty easy swap, especially with a donor car that you can use everything out of. Just make sure your suspension, transmission, driveshaft, rear end, etc... can handle the extra power. You should be able to use alot of mustang parts. If you swap all the wiring harnesses and everything, an EFI 5.0 ranger would be pretty cool. Good luck! BTW, something that may be better to look for would be a wrecked explorer, they have GT40P heads, and a better intake than the mustang. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Try

or