93 Airbag light flickering

In the last 2 days my 93 5.0 has started flickering the Air Bag light. Doesn't seem dependent on any situation (driving fast, slow, bumps, no bumps, etc), just flickers as it likes.

Anyone know where I can find some information on how this circuit works? Could be be a bad switch/connection? Or is this a dealer only kind of thing? Any hunches, ideas, thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

mC

'93 LX 5.0

Reply to
mC

I heard it is because there are two spring contacts in the steering wheel and one or both have broke. I think it was posted on this forum. Mine are still flashing too. (same car) If you find something, post it here too Thanks

Reply to
AshtarSheran

Could also be the airbag module behind the radio.

"taz" wrote in news:jsmdnR0G7pHtHpDUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Reply to
Joe

I always love these "could be"s....

The original concern is that the lamp is "flickering".... I have no idea what anyone is thinking, but I would have thought that the first step would be to determine if the lamp is indeed "flickering" or if it is displaying a lamp flash code. One mans flicker may be another mans flash....

Reply to
<mechanic