Tricks in getting the center console in place

Hi,

I had to get to the e-brake assembly and (with much effort) removed the console, but can't get it back in place. The e-brake handle is a bitch to get into the console slot and I'm afraid to break the plastic. Are you supposed to loosen the brakes somehow to make the handle vertical??

Thanks Ron

2000 GT
Reply to
unix

unix wrote in news:72a5aadc-025b-44c5-baa8-806286c62ba8 @k16g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Is this an auto? I've never had any problems doing it in a manual. There shouldn't be any problem, apply parking brake is all you should need to do. I'm assuming that since you have it out, the necessary hardware and trim has been removed.

Reply to
John C.

My handle pulls up to about 45 degrees Could it be your self adjuster needs to be reset? Check this link and scroll to post #14 and see if it makes sense

GILL

I don't think my posts are going to Google Groups...No?

Reply to
GILL

a8

It's a manual. My handle only goes up about 25 degrees or so. Maybe that's the problem?

Reply to
unix